M5 Technologies is a software provider globally recognized for its expertise in the latest secure Voice over IP technologies (Voice, Video, and IP Multimedia). The head office is in Sherbrooke, Québec. As a software developer, you will participate in the continued growth of our voice applications and SIP SDKs (Software Development Kits). We are looking for a dynamic and committed candidate to contribute and provide new ideas to our development team. You will join a small united team, ready to take up challenges!
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, from prototyping to customer support;
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code;
- Analyze and estimate costs of software customization;
- Solve problems by finding effective solutions in terms of time and investment;
- Collaborate with all the technical staff of the organization;
- Answer technical questions from the internal team and customers while proposing solutions;
- Evaluate and communicate the progress of tasks within the team;
- Propose and elaborate improvements to internal processes and tools.
- College degree or bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or another discipline with a significant programming component;
- Minimum 3 years of experience with several of the following technologies:
- Embedded systems development (ie: MIPS, ARM, x86, Linux);
- C++ development;
- SIP, SDP and RTP protocols;
- PacketCable 2.0 eDVA;
- FXS analog voice application;
- Hardware components: SoC, DSP, SLIC, DAA, DECT;
- International telecommunication standards such as ITU and ETSI;
Additional Preferred Skills
- Bilingual French/English (spoken and written);
- Windows, Linux, IOS, or Android development;
- Knowledge of Cable Modem, PON, G.hn and Ethernet residential gateways;
- Knowledge of agile methodologies;
- Unit and integration testing knowledge;
- Multithreading and concurrency management;
- Insurance coverage and EAP;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Work-family balance;
- 40 hours a week, at the head office of M5 Technologies in Sherbrooke, Quebec (possibility of telecommuting under certain conditions);
- Many different technical challenges, a wide variety of subjects and protocols to learn (cryptography, networking, multithreading, etc.);
- Work in an Agile model with sprints;
- Possibility of travel;
- Refund to a professional contribution;
- Social activities;
- Unlimited free coffee, Espresso and Latté Lounge.
Apply now! We thank you for your interest in the position. Only preselected candidates will be contacted.
Additional Information (Emploi-Québec)
Company and work location: M5 Technologies (Media5 Corporation), 130 rue Sauvé, Sherbrooke, QC, J1L 0A7, Canada.
Contact person: Jean-Michel Dault, Director of Development and Services.
Job title: Software developer.
National Occupational Classification (NOC) Code: 2174.
Median salary: $ 30 – $ 31.99 / hour.
Job offer updated: 2021-08-25