M5 Technologies Limited Warranty
All Media5 products (hereinafter referred to as the “Product” or “Products”) carry Media5’s standard hardware warranty unless different warranty conditions have been granted as part of a business partnership contract.
Media5 Corporation guarantees that each new Product will be free from defective material and workmanship under normal use and service for the following periods:
- Audiotrix Product Line: twelve (12) months from date of shipment from Media5
- Mediatrix Product Line: thirty-six (36) months from date of shipment from Media5
This limited warranty covers defects in manufacturing as well as failures of the Product under normal and correct use. Any failure or defect arising from abnormal or incorrect use is not covered by this warranty.
This limited warranty will not apply to any Product that:
- has been modified or altered by any party other than Media5
- has been damaged by deviation from the Product’s specifications
- has been subject to accident, abnormal or incorrect use including, but not limited to, abuse, misuse or unauthorized modification, lightning or power surge damage, exposure to nature’s forces (lightning, fire, rain, flood, etc.), extreme heat, cold or humidity and corrosive environments
- has been repaired or altered by an unauthorized service department
- has had the serial number altered, removed or not readable
- has been damaged by accessories or other attachments not approved by Media5.
This limited warranty also does not cover the normal wear and tear on covers, housing, cases, connectors, and accessories.
Limits of Liability
If a Product fails or does not perform as warranted, Media5’s entire liability and Purchaser’s exclusive remedy under this limited warranty will be, at Media5’ option:
- to use reasonable efforts to remedy defects covered by this limited warranty within a reasonable period of time
- to repair or replace the defective Product with a functionally equivalent Product as per the RMA Policy & Procedure described below
- to reimburse the price paid for the product.
Media5 will not be liable to anyone for any damages or losses that result from the failure of the Product. In no event will Media5 be liable for more than the amount of the Customer’s purchase price, not to exceed the current list price of the Product.
Media5 specifically disclaims all other warranties, expressed or implied.
EXCEPT AS HEREIN EXPRESSLY STATED, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, MADE OR AUTHORIZED TO BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS FURNISHED HEREUNDER. MEDIA5 DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL MEDIA5, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THE USE, OR ANY THIRD PARTY'S USE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED FOR BY MEDIA5. THE SOLE REMEDY FOR MEDIA5’S LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND BREACH OF THE BUSINESS OR PARTNER AGREEMENT, IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REMEDIES PROVIDED ABOVE.
Media5 Products that fall under a warranty claim must be reported to Media5 or an Authorized Media5 Corporation Distributor or Reseller from whom you originally purchased the unit.
Customers having a Service Level Agreement with Media5 Corporation can report and return defective Products directly to Media5 by following the RMA Policy & Procedure described below.
During the Warranty period, Media5 will either repair or replace, at its option, the defective product. If the returned product is found upon examination by Media5 not to be defective, the customer agrees to bear the freight charges incurred in returning the product to the user as well as a “No Fault Found” charge to Media5 as per the RMA Policy & Procedure described below.
Warranty claims performed after the applicable warranty period will be considered as an Out-of-Warranty Repair. Media5 will request a credit card number or purchase order corresponding to the estimated repair fee from the RMA requester prior to authorizing the return.
Media5 does not allow return of Media5 Products except in cases of verifiable malfunction of the Products. In the case where Products do malfunction, prior to returning any Product, a Return Material Authorization (RMA) from Media5 must be obtained. The Product shall be shipped to Media5’s point of origin, freight pre-paid, with a valid RMA number clearly displayed on the outside of the package(s). Sender will pay all shipping charges, taxes, and tariffs to return a defective Product to Media5 and Media5 will pay all charges excluding all brokerage fees, duties, and/or taxes necessary to ship the repaired Product or replacement Product back to the sender.
- Sender will pay all return shipping charges plus fees for out-of-warranty repairs or if no fault was found on the Product.
- Any Product returned without a valid RMA number displayed outside will be sent back to the client, freight collect, and no credit will be granted.
- Any additional damages incurred due to improper packaging by the sender will be repaired at the cost of the sender.
To expedite repair please record the following information and have it available when consulting Media5 for warranty service:
Date of Purchase: _____________________________________
Place of Purchase: _____________________________________
Serial Number: ________________________________________